Monday 22 February 2010

Return of the King!

...Not sure for how long though.

I've been inundated with literally ones of requests to re-start blogging again, so here we are.

Shame-faced am I that my bolshy predictions of being able to write an entry for every weekday have proved to be pie in the sky with diamonds on.

Following advice from a seasoned blogger and regular comment contributor to this blog, perhaps once a week is a more realistic target. If I feel like it.

Truth is, I've simply not had anything inspiring to talk about these past two weeks - certainly nothing that would be worthy of the hard-pressed time of the 6 people who might, at some point or other, stumble across this blog.

However, having this week been watching the BBC's excellent Virtual Revolution documentaries about the history and impact of the Web over the last 20 years, I've become enamoured anew at what this wonderful Web has to offer and as a result I'm blogging again. As you can see. This is the product of that. What you are reading now. This Blog.

I'm also back on Twitter - check me out, homies.

Before yesterday, I'd only managed 6 tweets since early December. Again, the ficklety FMO displays towards the online world had struck again. Within the last 24hrs though, armed with a new smartphone which has made mobile social networking exciting again, I have racked up an arse-numbing 41 tweets.

I'm not saying many are worth reading, I'm just saying they are there and I'm over-excited again about it.

Tonight, I am going to Abergavenny. Why there, you wonder? Well, it's all a very dull business trip I'd much rather not be making - but I'm sure I'll find something interesting to write about via either Twitter or Blog.

I bet you can't fucking wait.

2 comments:

  1. Dr Aleks Krotoski12:51 pm

    Thanks for watching my programme! Do you like my red bob and lingering slo-mo shots of me ambling through San Francisco?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a master of self promotion and have managed to attract attention to your tweets - I have read them and and I like them (last not least because they contain a lot of pics, and little girls love books with pictures, don't you know... ;)...)

    ReplyDelete