Wednesday 7 July 2010

An interesting post? Of Gorse It Isn't!

In late December whilst holidaying in Cornwall, I managed to fall over on the coast path and into a gorse patch. It could have been a lot worse, but I did get many thorns from the nasty little plant in my hand.

Yesterday the last one finally worked it's way out of my palm. Amazing that I've spent the best part of two months with foreign, unwelcome bodies in me. I feel like a Bangkok whore.

I found this on an online forum- "My son stood on a sea urchin in Croatia last Summer and only last week did I manage to get the last one out. They were savage needles!!! He also gets alot of gorse thorns in his legs from mountain-biking and I spend many an unpleasant evening removing them from him."

I just thought that was funny at the time.

Edit - I didn't actually just write this. I wrote this back in February but didn't post it, as I thought it was pretty weak material. Well, I now don't have as much material, hence why it's now published.

2 comments: