Friday 22 January 2010

SuBollocks


Now, I know it's been a while since this Susan Boyle phenomenon first took off. I'll be honest I almost missed it first time round last year actually, as I was travelling at the time everyone went mental over her.

I just came across this article on the BBC website this week about how she is being snubbed by the Brit Awards this year.

Now, I'm not really surprised by this, for a number of reasons.

Firstly - there is the argument that she's not actually that talented. Yeah, she can sing very well. But have you heard Barry from Eastenders? He can sing as well in real life too - really well as it happens, and he's never been nominated for a Brit award.

OK, so she's had the commercial success that Barry from Eastenders has not. But this is clearly just piggybacking on the back of the success of the Britain's Got Talent TV show, rather than any actual breakthrough achievement of her own.

Plus she doesn't write her own songs either, nor is her album worthy of note for any original work- As I understand it 11 of the 12 songs on her album are covers with only one original composition, which she didn't write anyway.

So although as I say she can sing and has sold records, so can other people who actually have original songs and have generated success based on their music alone rather than the publicity generated by a very popular TV show.

Yet I know the real reason she's being snubbed. This real reason she's being snubbed is so transparent that I can't believe no-one has noticed it yet.

I mean it's so patently clear - the reason she's not going to win any awards, the reason why she'll never truly be a real star, the reason she's being snubbed.

So ball-shatteringly undeniable is this real reason for her being snubbed, that I cannot believe it's not been picked up on yet by the media these past 6 months.

Once I've told you, you will actually kick yourselves for not realising sooner the real reason she's being snubbed, because it really is so obvious...



The fact is - SHE'S REALLY UGLY.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed, can't argue with any of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FanaticalMrsOx10:45 am

    She's better than Florence and the Machine, though. And prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. in reply to Ringo Starr's comment, I would like to say yes, Mr Ringo Starr, the expression of her arms is exactly like that, but Mr FantasticOx would want a pic resembling Susan Boyle's ar*e, that being - supposedly - the most interesting part of her (because, as we can see in the pic above, her boobs are quite unsubstantial and not worth looking at).

    ReplyDelete